The 3 Key Steps of Content Marketing
Understanding what type of content to create – who your audience is and the content your audience is looking for – is the key to an effective content marketing strategy. We’ll take a deep dive to uncover the types of content your customers and website users search for online.
What’s your story? Every brand and every company has a unique story to tell. Once we have a detailed understanding of who your audience is and the content they want, we’ll create engaging and relevant content to tell your brand story and provide users with useful content related to your products, services, and organization.
Once content is created, you need to market it effectively. We’ll determine the best place to publish the content (webpage, blog) and how to distribute it to your users (social media, email marketing, ads). We’ll analyze the success of the campaign and make adjustments to ensure you maximize effectiveness.
What Is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a type of inbound marketing that focuses on the development and distribution of online content, such as blogs, articles, and social media posts. The goal is not to outright promote your brand, but rather to create engagement and inform users and customers who have an interest in your company products and services.
Rather than pitching and being primarily brand focused, you provide useful content. The goal of content marketing is to create valuable content on a consistent basis to build an audience. As users develop a level of trust with your brand, they will be more likely to purchase your products and services.
Why Is Content Marketing Important?
As they say, content is king. With traditional marketing tactics increasing becoming less effective at engaging users, content marketing has become a key strategy to reach your targeted audience. It’s become a necessary part of modern brands. Today you are expected to not only sell products and services, but also provide informative content and advice to support your customer base.
Here is why content marketing is an important part of your overall marketing strategy:
- Build trusting relationship with your customers: If you don’t have a trusted brand, people will be less likely to do business with you. Creating high quality content and providing your audience with a dependable source of information will help you build a trusting relationship.
- Improve brand reputation: Companies that regularly publish educational and informative content have a strong brand reputation. Creating content on a regular basis will help to establish your brand as an expert in your industry and a destination for users to get the information they need before making a purchase decision.
- Improve conversions: When you have a trusted brand, people are more willing to do business with you. This leads to more conversions and warmer leads. Since you are the brand giving the customers the information they seek to make a purchase decision, they will be more likely to buy from you.
- Speeds up the purchase decision process: People are more likely today than ever to do research before making a purchase decision. Providing customers with the information they seek will help them to speed up their purchase decision process.
- More website traffic: Content marketing helps to bring more people to your website. Publishing great content and sharing it on your blog and social media channels makes it easier for people to find and visit your website.
- Improved search engine optimization: Creating great content is not only important for your customers, it’s important for SEO. When you publish customer focused content on a regular basis, you’ll improve your search engine rankings and build a stronger and far reaching search presence. You can’t have a strong SEO strategy without great content.
- It supports other marketing strategies: Content marketing can support your overall marketing goals. You can your content marketing strategy in alignment with your blogging, web development, online ad, SEO, and social media strategies.
At Grow with Search, we can help you develop a custom content marketing strategy that supports all your marketing and sales goals. We’ll ensure you are maximizing the effectiveness of your content marketing plan. We’ll also help you avoid common mistakes made in content marketing campaigns.
What To Avoid In Content Marketing Campaigns
Like any other type of marketing strategy, there are best practices and things you should avoid. Here are some common mistakes to avoid to ensure you are getting the most out of your content marketing campaign:
- Not defining your audience: Defining who you are creating content for is essential. You need to know who you are creating content for in order to develop valuable and informative content. Know who your audience is and the type of content they are seeking online. Research customer interests so you can create engaging content.
- Not using analytics to create your strategy: The numbers don’t lie. It’s important to use the data and analytics you have available to you about your customers, their preferences, and how they interact with your brand. This will help you develop a strategic campaign base on key KPIs. An analytical approach will lead to better overall results.
- Not having a purpose for the content you create: Before publishing content, ask yourself, ‘what is the purpose of this content?” It’s important to have a purpose for each piece of content you create. You not only want to create engaging content for your users, but you should also tie this into a specific product or service offering from your company. Provide your users with useful information and also a solution to help them.
- Not reviewing and adjusting content: It’s important to review content performance to see what works, and most important what doesn’t. What are people reading? What are they not reading? This will help you better define your area of focus, learn more about your customers, and shape your content marketing strategy over time.
- Not using a content marketing expert: Content marketing experts can help you avoid making common mistakes. They can help you create a targeted and engaging content marketing strategy that will reach your targeted audience and help you drive more traffic and leads to your website. Avoid the guessing game and trial and error associated with a DIY approach. You focus on your business operations while Growth With Search executes your content marketing plan.
What Makes Grow With Search Unique In Content Marketing?
At Grow with Search, we believe that establishing an authentic online presence is a key driver of long term business success. Through content marketing, we will help you tell your brands authentic story. This will help you differentiate your products and services from your competitors.
We also believe authentic and effective content needs to be customer focused. Your customers are looking for advice, tips, how-to’s and other content to help them make informed decisions. We’ll help you provide educational, informational, and well researched content to your users. This will help you build trusting relationships. It will also help establish brand authority and expand your online search presence. All of these things can help you get more leads and sales.
Content marketing is one of the many strategies we can help you with to rank higher in search results, generate more leads and convert targeted traffic into new customers.
Frequently Asked Questions About
Why Do I Need Content Marketing?
The more someone trusts your brand, the more willing they are to buy. Content marketing is an effective strategy to help you establish long term trusting relationships with your online followers, website users, and customers. You help to educate them about their purchase decision, which in turn can help you improve your conversion rates and build your customer base.
What Are The Types Of Content Marketing?
Content marketing involves using a variety of content formats and resources. Some of the most popular and effective includes blogging, social media, eBooks, power pages, checklists, how to guides, and video. The best type of content marketing for your brand depends on your customers and the type of content they are looking for.
What Is The Best Way To Do Content Marketing?
Every brand and website is different. The best way to execute your content marketing strategy depends on your overall marketing and business goals, the audience you want to reach, your budget, and the types of messaging and information you want to share. Speak with us about your ideas and we can develop an effective content marketing catered to your brand.
How Much Does Content Marketing Cost?
The cost for content marketing campaigns can vary significantly. Costs depend on the type of content you want to create, how much content, how often, how you want to distribute it, and many other factors. We offer a number plan and pricing options to help you build your online presence. If you are looking for a more customized solution, contact us to discuss your content marketing needs.
Interested in hearing more about what Grow with Search has to offer?
Request your FREE and Custom Proposal Below
To Have A Unique Strategy Created For Your Business
We Have Been Helping Business
With Content Marketing Since 2009
Grow with Search takes pride in assistance business in all of their digital marketing needs,
including search engine optimization, as a part of our customized complete solutions.
“I have been working with Grow with Search since 2010. They have played an integral role in establishing my company’s brand & online presence since the beginning. We have achieved great success together. The team is always available to address my digital marketing needs. If you are serious about growing through digital marketing, you need to work with Grow with Search!”
Ecotech Windows & Doors
“Grow with Search has taken my online presence to the next level. I went from depending on leads from referrals and my Home Stars profile to an abundance of leads coming in from Google and other sources on a daily basis. With help from Grow with Search I have solidified my brand within the marketplace and I have leaped ahead of the competition. Thanks team for all that you do!”
C Plus Roofing
“Grow with Search has played a key role in establishing Restoration Canada as a sustainable business. Water damage and property flood emergencies are one of the most competitive spaces that exist on Google today, and Grow with Search found a way to make it work for us. I am confident the team at Grow with Search has the digital marketing expertise to make it work for you too.”
Need More Assistance? Questions?
If you require more information or if you have any questions related to our services on search Engine Optimization, you can call us at 1-877-959-8977, or submit a request by using the button above. A customer service representative will contact you during regular business hours